Carbonite is proud to support Resilient Coders, a nonprofit coding boot camp. Learn more about the Carbonite Charitable Fund and the organizations we support today.
Learn more about Carbonite's complete data protection platform at https://www.carbonite.com/data-protection/solutions-overview
Subscribe to Carbonite on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/carbonitebackup
Follow Carbonite on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user37523286
Follow Carbonite on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Carbonite
Like Carbonite on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CarboniteOnlineBackup/
Follow Carbonite on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/80260/
____________________________________________
Resilient Coders is a nonprofit stipended coding boot camp. We run people through all the skills they need to be viable and competent players in the 21st century workforce.
My name is Dee Daniels and I’m a full stack web developer and a graduate of Resilient Coders. I just needed the encouragement of anyone can learn how to code if you set your mind to it, if you study it, if you commit to it, anyone can do it.
Hi I'm Cristian Morales and I'm a resilient coders graduate. I loved the program just because it challenged me in a way that I was never challenged before.
So we’re not out here teaching people to code because we think it’s fun though we do think it’s fun. Were out here teaching people to code because we want them to have access to the jobs that are going to survive automation. When this starts to work is when that impact can be viral and when the students that we serve can be pillars in their own communities and can support and influence other folks in their networks to make sure that they also make the jump from one track to the next.
They bring you in, they help you, and they give you that confidence to say I can be that person. I can work for somebody or I can work for myself because I have these skills now.
Even in moments where like I’ve been up all night coding something and I still have this imposter syndrome in my head that’s like you don’t know what you’re doing and I’m like of course I know what I’m doing. This whole program has inspired me to just recommit myself to the idea that I can literally do anything that I set my mind to.
Support that we have from tech companies like Carbonite not only keep the lights on but they also signal to our students a very clear and important message which is that tech believes in Resilient Coders and believes in them.
Comments
Post a Comment